Hungry for more than just football victory? We have plenty of snacks for your Super Bowl Sunday guests, like these versatile mignon roll-ups. Our pizza dough mignons (from the French, meaning "darling" or "dainty") defrost quickly and allow you to get creative with fillings for a variety of tasty appetizers. (See below for inspiration from our meat and cheese case.) Serve the roll-ups whole or slice and plate with toothpicks alongside a Capone Foods sauce for dipping.
Capone Foods Pizza Dough Mignons, defrosted
1 egg, optional
1. Pre-heat oven to 475 F and place the rack in lower middle of oven. Remove mignons from plastic and defrost to room temp.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out mignons or hand-stretch to about 1/4 inch thickness.
3. Add chopped fillings (see below for suggestions) to one side of dough and roll up.
4. Optional: Crack egg into a bowl and whisk briefly. Add egg-wash to top of roll-up.
5. Bake on an oiled baking sheet for 7-10 minutes, depending on desired dough-iness. Let cool and serve.
Asiago cheese and chopped Spiced Sicilian Olives, with Marinara Sauce
Hot casalingo salami and Fontina cheese, with Roasted Red Pepper Pesto (pictured)
Serrano ham and Vermont aged cheddar, with Mushroom Pesto
Cooked pancetta and cheddar cheese, with Alfredo Sauce
Go wild and Go Pats!