It's getting cold out there, but this rustic Italian soup will keep your nights (and bellies) warm. Prep the sausages the night before and you can have dinner on the table in no time. With our Chicken Stock as a base, this soup is bursting with flavor and the Italian sausage and Cannellini beans are a classic culinary pair. This is our kind of comfort food!
1 package Capone Foods Italian Sausages
3 pts Capone Foods Chicken Stock, defrosted
1 pt Capone Foods Plum Tomato Basil Sauce, defrosted
1 package Capone Foods Fresh Small Shells
1 cup Cannellini beans
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Bake the sausages according to package directions (30 minutes at 375 degrees). Let them cool and then cut into circles. (This can be done the night before.)
2. Boil the chicken stock; add the pasta shells and cook to al dente.
3. Lower the heat and stir in the Plum Tomato Basil sauce.
4. Add the sausage and beans and stir.
5. Add red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper to taste, and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with grated Pecorino on top. Enjoy!