We kid you not when we say that this delicious soup comes together in minutes, making it a no-brainer for chilly nights and rainy weekends. The tangy, sweet tomato taste of our Plum Tomato & Basil sauce melds perfectly with the wholesome, hearty flavor of our homemade chicken stock. Fresh pasta shells add just a bite of al dente resistance. Serve with a loaf of Clear Flour Bakery's Rustic Italian bread; its chewy texture is perfect for soaking up the last drops of this smooth and satisfying soup.
1 pt Capone Foods Plum Tomato & Basil Sauce, defrosted
1 pt Capone Foods Chicken Stock, defrosted
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 package Capone Foods Fresh Small Shells
1. Boil water and cook the shells for 1 1/2 minutes. Drain, then toss with olive oil and set aside. (Cover with foil to keep warm.)
2. Simmer tomato sauce and chicken stock in a sauce pan for 5 minutes.
3. Puree the sauce and stock in a blender and return to the sauce pan.
4. Add cream and bring to a near simmer. Do not boil.
5. Divide the pasta into bowls and cover with the soup. Enjoy!